Bookstore Associate, Part-Time
This position will provide customer assistance and service in the Southeast Technical Institute’s Bookstore. This position will also perform routine office tasks, and assist with store upkeep and merchandise displays.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide knowledgeable and friendly customer service to walk-in customers, and to customers that contact the bookstore through a variety of media (telephone, email, etc.).
- Operate computerized point of sale system, including cash register functions and system files.
- Assist customers with the sale and/or refund of textbooks, supplies, and other merchandise.
- Assist with designing creative store displays and stock replenishment.
- Unpack, check in and price items.
- Daily store upkeep such as dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Bookstore Manager or Bookstore Associates.
- High School Diploma or GED and six months of experience in a retail environment involving operation of computerized cash register equipment, cash handling, and high volume public contact.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and effective manner with customers and staff.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in both a fast and slower paced sales environment
- Willingness to learn and perform various duties within the bookstore environment
- Position works 20 hours per week, Monday through Wednesday.
- Flexibility to work up to 40 hours per week for a 2 week period during the Fall and Spring Semester School starts.
- Hourly rate range of $12.00-$14.00, DOE
Application materials needed for this position:
- Online Employment Application to include at least one reference from a recent supervisor.
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
Apply online here.