Program Assistant, Scarbrough Childcare Center, Full-Time
This position provides child care for Southeast Technical Institute’s students and employees at its on-campus daycare center.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Care for a group of children, within ratio, according to policies and standards of state and local regulatory agencies.
- Prepare interest centers, instructional materials, and furnish supplies as needed for educational and personal growth of preschool children.
- Oversee the children's health and nutrition needs which include personal hygiene duties and meal preparation and feeding.
- Maintain a safe environment for children at all times.
- Monitor playground and day trip activities.
- Perform sanitary housekeeping duties relative to daycare centers.
- Participate in staff training as needed.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Human Development/Early Childhood Education required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a child care environment desired.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have current South Dakota drivers’ license.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Requires constant hearing, holding, speaking, standing, and walking. Frequent lifting, carrying, stooping and bending. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Application materials needed for this position:
- Online Employment Application to include at least one reference from a recent supervisor.
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
Apply online here.
Position open until filled. EOE.