Certified Professional Coder
Complete this certificate in just 1 year!
Are you ready to make a career change that’s both affordable and rewarding? At Southeast Tech, make it happen in just one year as a Certified Professional Coder with our all-new affordable certification!
You’ll learn medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, basic current procedural terminology (CPT) coding, basic international statistical classification of diseases (ICD) coding, and coding and reimbursement requirements.
You can also build on your certification to complete our Medical Coding diploma or AAS degree for even more upward mobility and opportunities!
This is a hybrid program which means you’ll learn through online coursework as well as one-night a week on campus.
What You’ll Do
- Interpret medical documentation from physicians and healthcare providers to assign diagnostic and procedural codes
- Navigate the Electronic Medical Record (EHR) and coding software proficiently
- Adhere to standards, ethical coding guidelines established by professional health information associations
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure confidentiality
- Review and identify chargeable items for completeness, accuracy and compliance
- Remain up-to-date with coding guidelines and reimbursement recording requirements
- Understand governmental and commercial payer's policies
- Follow HIPAA guidelines in handling patient's personal health information (PHI)
View Curriculum Here
Ready to Enroll and Change Your Life?
Please complete an application to register for this certificate program. Select the Non-Degree Seeking option when the application asks “What type of student are you?”
This program is 19 credits. Costs are calculated based on a charge of $240 per credit hour, plus applicable fees. See a breakdown of all tuition and fees here. Financial Aid is not available for this certification.