Certified Professional Coder
Complete this certificate in just 1 year!
Are you ready to make a career change that’s both affordable and rewarding? At Southeast Tech, make it happen in just one year as a Certified Professional Coder with our all-new affordable certification!
You’ll learn medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, basic current procedural terminology (CPT) coding, basic international statistical classification of diseases (ICD) coding, and coding and reimbursement requirements.
You can also build on your certification to complete our Medical Coding diploma or AAS degree for even more upward mobility and opportunities!
This is a hybrid program which means you’ll learn through online coursework as well as one-night a week on campus.
What You’ll Do
- Interpret medical documentation from physicians and healthcare providers to assign diagnostic and procedural codes
- Navigate the Electronic Medical Record (EHR) and coding software proficiently
- Adhere to standards, ethical coding guidelines established by professional health information associations
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure confidentiality
- Review and identify chargeable items for completeness, accuracy and compliance
- Remain up-to-date with coding guidelines and reimbursement recording requirements
- Understand governmental and commercial payer's policies
- Follow HIPAA guidelines in handling patient's personal health information (PHI)
View Curriculum Here
Please complete the Non Degree Seeking Application to register for this certificate program. View the course schedule to see when classes are offered.