Home > Admissions
> Academic Advising & Registration (AAR)
Academic Advising & Registration (AAR)
Academic Advising & Registration (AAR) days are important, half-day events required for all new students enrolling at Southeast Tech. Our Spring semester begins Monday, January 7, 2019.
Upon acceptance, you can sign up to attend one of our AAR days. AAR Day sessions have limited availability, and some programs have enrollment caps.
Don’t delay and register now for an AAR Day date to secure your seat for Spring 2019!
- Current Students: If you are a current Southeast Tech student and have attended AAR in the past, you do not need to attend again. Instead, please contact your program advisor to register for spring classes.
- New Students: Complete the two-step Registration Process:
1. Pay your $75 non-refundable Registration Fee
- You will need your Student ID and Password
- Your User Name is your Student ID# (Example: 123456)
- Your Password should use the following format: (First Initial of First Name) + (First Initial of Last Name) + (Last Four of Social Security Number). Example: ab1234
2. Complete the AAR Day Registration Form.
Attention: Your spot will not be confirmed for AAR Day until you (1) pay the $75 non-refundable Registration Fee and (2) complete the AAR Day Registration Form.
During AAR Day, you will:
- Register for Spring 2019 classes.
- Meet faculty in your program who will advise you about your course of study.
- Meet your Student Success Advisor and finalize your spring class schedule.
- Attend an Information Session designed for parents and families.
- Get your official Student I.D. – smile for your photo!
- Meet with Financial Add and Business Office staff about loans and payment plan options.
- Learn about campus resources dedicated to your success.
- Learn about the Bookstore – it’s where you will get your books, scrubs, and supplies!
- Tour campus.
- Enjoy lunch at Paavo’s, our campus Pizza & Grill.
AAR Day Morning Schedule – Friday, Oct. 26:
- 8:30 a.m. – Arrival and Check-in at The HUB (2001 N. Career Ave.)
- 9 a.m. – Opening General Session
- 10 a.m. – Advising Sessions with Academic Programs
- 11 a.m. – Finalize Spring 2019 Schedules with Student Success Advisors
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch at Paavo's
- Noon – Optional Campus Tour
AAR Day Evening Schedule – Tuesday, Nov. 27:
- 4:30 p.m. – Arrival and Check-in at The HUB (2001 N. Career Ave.)
- 5 p.m. – Opening General Session
- 5:45 p.m. – Advising Sessions with Academic Programs
- 6:15 p.m. – Finalize Spring 2019 Schedules with Student Success Advisors
- 6:30 p.m. – Dinner at Paavo's
- 7 p.m. – Optional Campus Tour
What to bring to AAR Day:
- Government issued picture ID (e.g., Driver's License or ID Card)
- Outstanding Financial Aid paperwork
- Placement scores – if you haven't already submitted them to the Admissions Office.
- If you need to take the ACCUPLACER Exam, sign up at www.southeasttech.edu/TestingCenter.
We are eager to welcome you to AAR Day and finalize your Spring 2019 class schedule! If you have questions and/or concerns about AAR Day, please contact the Admissions Office: