Southeast Tech offers Build Dakota Scholarships and Southeast Tech Foundation Scholarships. The application deadline for the 2019-2020 school year is closed. The scholarship committee is reviewing the applications and has made decisions on Build Dakota. The Foundation Scholarships will be reviewed next.
Build Dakota Acceptance Requirements and
Registration for Signing and Registration Day on May 10
If you have received official notification from Southeast Tech, please complete the two-step registration process:
- Pay your $75 non-refundable Registration Fee (if you haven’t already done so): Secure CASHnet Site.
PASSWORD: Use the following format: (First Initial of Your First Name) + (First Initial of Your Last Name) + (Last Four of Social Security number, EX: ab1234). Initials are both lowercase.
- Accept or Decline your scholarship, and RSVP for the Build Dakota Signing & Registration Day using the Acceptance and Registration Form.
Your scholarship will not be confirmed until you (1) pay the $75 non-refundable Registration Fee and (2) complete the Acceptance and Registration Form.
During the Day, You Will:
- Complete official contract for your Build Dakota Scholarship.
- Learn details about the Build Dakota Scholarship
- Meet faculty in your program who will advise you about your course of study.
- Register for classes.
- Get your official Student I.D.
- Meet your Student Success Advisor and learn about student support resources.
- Attend an Information Session designed for parents and families.
8 a.m. Check-in for Build Dakota Scholars, Industry Leaders and Guests
8:30‒10 a.m. Build Dakota Signing Program with Sioux Falls Mayor Paul Ten Haken
*Catered Breakfast included.
The remainder of the day's schedule is only for Build Dakota Scholars and their families.
10:15-10:45 a.m. Build Dakota Information Session
10:45‒11:15 a.m. General Session in Auditorium
11:30‒Noon Faculty Advising with Students
Noon‒2 p.m. - Build Dakota Contract Paperwork, Class Registration for Fall 2019 and Student Services Fair
*Casual lunch will be provided.
What Does Build Dakota Cover?
- Tuition and Program Fees
- When you arrive for classes this fall, you will receive a box with your name on it that will have everything you will need for your program – including Books, Tools, Program Supplies and Uniforms. Please do not purchase any items from an outside vendor, as you will not be reimbursed for those purchases.
- Build Dakota does provide a laptop. You do not have the option to upgrade this laptop. Your laptop is assigned to you based on your program, and it will be ready for you when you arrive for classes this fall.
What is required of Build Dakota Scholars to maintain their scholarship?
- Full-time student status
- On-time program completion
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Pay for re-take courses at own expense
- Industry sponsor’s requirements, if applicable
- Adhere to Southeast Tech’s Code of Conduct Policy
- Work three years in field after graduation
What to Bring
- Government issued picture ID (e.g., Driver’s License or ID Card)
- Placement scores – In order to place students in the appropriate levels of English and Math classes at Southeast Tech, we need to have placement scores on file. Please submit your ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER scores to the Admissions Office, if you haven’t already done so. If you have not completed an ACT, SAT or an ACCUPLACER, you may need to take the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Exam. Sign up at www.southeasttech.edu/TestingCenter
About Build Dakota Scholarships
When you choose a high-need workforce program identified through the Build Dakota Scholarship program, you become eligible for a full-ride scholarship covering 100% of your program, including tuition, fees, books, uniforms and tools.
About Southeast Tech Scholarships
Current and newly accepted students to Southeast Tech are eligible for Foundation Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded by the Southeast Tech Foundation and are funded by annual and endowed gifts to the college. The scholarships typically range from $500‒$1,000 annually, and each scholarship has unique eligibility criteria. The application deadline for the 2019-2020 academic year is closed.
Do you have questions about Build Dakota or Foundation Scholarships? Call the Southeast Tech Admissions Office at (605) 367-6040 or email Admissions@southeasttech.edu.
South Dakota Opportunity Scholarships
If you receive a South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship, please let our Financial Aid office know.
This scholarship is designated for the most academically accomplished high school graduates to receive an affordable education at any university, college, or technical school in South Dakota that is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The South Dakota Opportunity Scholarship provides $5,000 over four years to a qualifying student who attends an eligible higher education institution in South Dakota.
More about the requirements, awards, and application process can be found here.
In addition to scholarships provided through Southeast Tech, multiple local, state, and federal scholarships are available for students as well.
Scholarship Search Engines