Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I use my Blue Bucks?
Blue Bucks are accepted at Paavo's Pizza & Grill, the Bookstore, the Business Office, campus printers, and vending machines throughout campus.
2. Am I charged sales tax when I use my card?
Yes, sales tax is charged just as if you were paying with cash or a debit card.
3. What does it cost to print on campus?
Printing costs $.15 per sheet for black and white and $.25 per sheet for color. One sheet is equal to one side of a piece of paper. For example, if you are printing a 2-sided black and white document, it would cost $.30 total.
4. Can I use my Blue Bucks to pay the replacement fee for a lost card?
Yes, as long as you have adequate funds on your 1CARD.
5. What is the cost to replace my 1CARD?
6. I replaced my 1CARD, but found the old card – Can I reactivate the old card?
No. Once a card has been reprinted the old card number is retired and cannot be reused for security purposes. This prevents someone else finding your card and using it.
7. Can I use a debit card to add funds?
Yes, you can use Visa, MasterCard, or Discover to deposit funds online.
8. Do you take checks?
Yes. Checks are made out to Southeast Tech and must include the student's ID number written on the check.
9. What are your office hours?
Monday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Online access to your account is available 24/7 on STInet. You can add money, view transactions, and freeze your account from online.
10. I need some cash – can I just take it off my 1CARD?
No. Your Southeast Tech 1CARD is not intended to be used like a bank card with ATM features. However, once a student leaves school and is no longer a student, they can be refunded any funds over $15.00. A check will be mailed to the student from the Business Office.
11. When will the money be on the card?
The money deposited to your account is available immediately.
12. Can I transfer money directly from my bank account?
No. We currently do not have that capability.
13. Can I get a temporary ID card?
No, we do not issue temporary ID cards for students.
14. Can I punch a hole in my card?
No. Your 1CARD is a smart card and has wires throughout the card. Once a hole is punched in the card it will not work and a replacement fee will be charged to get a new one. Review the guidelines for taking care of your 1CARD.
If you have additional questions, stop by the Business Office in The HUB or call 605.367.7124.