Real estate agents enjoy helping people and relish the fast-paced business of property sales. In just one semester, you will have completed the required coursework to sit for the South Dakota State Real Estate License Exam. Offered in spring and fall, this 6 credit course teaches you the business, legal, financial and economic areas of real estate transactions. The course is certified by the State of South Dakota as Principles & Practices of Real Estate.
The career outlook for real estate agents is strong. The number of agents is expected to grow 6% through 2026, as employment usually runs in step with the overall health of the economy and real estate market.
Why Study at Southeast Tech?
During your pre-licensing course in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, you will learn from top industry professionals. Their coursework will help you understand more about your work, such as:
- Lead generation
- Securing client representation
- Market analysis
- Advising clients on contract terms
- Presenting offers
- Purchase contracts
- Title work
Students must be at least 18 years of age to take the licensure exam.
- Complete the Southeast Tech application.
- Select "Non-Degree Seeking" when asked "What kind of student are you?"
- Once the application is submitted, an Admissions Representative will be in contact.
- Pay $75 registration fee.
- Then, STC will complete the registration request and send you an official schedule.
Costs for this program are calculated based on a charge of $255 per credit hour, plus
applicable fees. Federal Financial Aid is not available for this certificate.
See Cost & Fee Breakdown
Want to know more? Request information about Southeast Tech from the admissions office.
Other Programs Related to Real Estate
If you’re interested in a career in sales, you might also be interested in these other programs at Southeast Tech: