Certified Professional Biller
This certificate can be completed in just 9 months!
Are you ready to make a career change that’s both affordable and rewarding? At Southeast Tech, make it happen in just nine months as a Certified Professional Biller with our all-new affordable certification!
You’ll learn an overview of insurance, billing, CPT coding, ICD coding, general office procedures and practices, as well as coding and reimbursement requirements.
You can also build on your certification to complete our Healthcare Office Specialist diploma for even more upward mobility and opportunities!
This is a hybrid program which means you’ll learn through online coursework as well as one-night a week on campus.
What You’ll Do
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines for handling patient protected health information (PHI)
- Prepare and send insurance claims
- Resolve patient’s denials by working with insurance companies or governmental agencies
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness
- Follow up on unpaid or rejected claims within billing cycle timeframe
- Contact payers regarding discrepancies in payments
- Identify and bill primary, supplemental, secondary tertiary and supplemental payers
- Answer responsible party questions on patient responsibility portions, copay, deductibles and write offs
- Prepare appeals to insurance carriers if necessary
View Curriculum Here