Southeast Technical College is recognizing its 150+ students awarded full-ride Build Dakota Scholarships at a special signing event and registration day on June 2, 2023.
During the Day, You Will
- Complete official contract for your Build Dakota Scholarship.
- Learn details about the Build Dakota Scholarship.
- Meet faculty in your program who will advise you about your course of study.
- Register for classes.
- Meet your Student Success Advisor and learn about student support resources.
- Attend an Information Session designed for parents and families.
The Day's Schedule
|Check-in and Breakfast (2001 N Career Ave)
|Program with Dana Dykhouse, CEO/President of First PREMIER and Chair of the SD Board
of Technical Education and the Build Dakota Scholarship Program; and Bill Gassen,
CEO/President of Sanford Health
|Build Dakota Signing Ceremony
The remainder of the day's schedule is only for Build Dakota Scholars and their families.
|Build Dakota Information Session
|Complete Student Scholarship Agreement
|Southeast Tech Enrollment Information
|Meet with Faculty Advisors
|Register for Fall 2023 Classes
What Does Build Dakota Cover?
- Tuition and Program Fees
- When you arrive for classes this fall, you will receive a box with your name on it that will have everything you will need for your program – including Books, Tools, Program Supplies and Uniforms. Please do not purchase any items from an outside vendor, as you will not be reimbursed for those purchases.
- Build Dakota also provides a laptop. You do not have the option to upgrade this laptop. Your laptop is assigned to you based on your program, and it will be ready for you when you arrive for JumpStart.
What is required of Build Dakota Scholars to maintain their scholarship?
- Full-time student status
- On-time program completion
- 2.5 CGPA
- Pay for re-take courses at own expense
- Industry sponsor’s requirements, if applicable
- Adhere to Southeast Tech’s Code of Conduct Policy
- Work three years in field after graduation
What to Bring
- Government issued picture ID (e.g., Driver’s License or ID Card)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Immunization Record
- Final High School Transcript (with senior grades and graduation date)
- Placement scores – In order to place students in the appropriate levels of English and Math classes at Southeast Tech, we need to have placement scores on file. Please submit your ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER scores to the Admissions Office, if you haven’t already done so. If you have not completed an ACT, SAT or an ACCUPLACER, you may need to take the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Exam. Sign up at www.southeasttech.edu/TestingCenter.