Johnnie has been teaching at Southeast tech since 2013. He has over 12 years teaching
experience in the technical education field.
Johnnie has over 30 years of industry experience including:
• Tool room lead for Wil-Rich Inc.
• Shop Supervisor for Eagle Mats Inc.
• Tool Maker and Designer for Hutchinson Technology
• Shop Supervisor for Midwest Tool and Die
• Shop Supervisor for Lou-Rich Inc.
• Trade Secret Award for unique process for micro machining carbide.
Johnnie oversees the student chapter of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and
sets up meetings with employers and tours of their manufacturing facilities for his
He believes that technical education is the best way meet the needs of both students and industry in today’s world market. Technical education is the most efficient way to prepare students for today’s careers. “Getting students into a career that they love and seeing them be successful is the best part of my job”
Education: BS, Dakota State University; AAS, North Dakota State College of Science