- SSS 100 - Student Success Seminar - 2 Credit Hours
- HC 100 - Heartsaver First Aid/CPR/AED - 1 Credit Hour
- ECH 101 - Introduction to Early Childhood - 4 Credit Hours
- ECH 105 - Understanding Diversity - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 110 - Child Health/Safety/Nutrition - 3 Credit Hours
- ENGL 101T - Composition - 3 Credit Hours
- CIS 101 - Computer Essentials - 2 Credit Hours
- PSYC 101T - General Psychology - 3 Credit Hours
- MATH 100 - College Math - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 120 - Infant Toddler Development and Learning - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 130 - Early Childhood Curriculum I: Foundations & Methodologies - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 160 - Early Childhood Social/Emotional Guidance - 3 Credit Hours
All the ECH courses above must be completed before beginning Third semester.
- SPCM 101T - Fundamentals of Speech - 3 Credit Hours
- PSYC 105 - Child Psychology - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 201 - Early Language and Literacy - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 230 - Early Childhood Curriculum II: Expressive Arts - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 240 - Exceptional Learner - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 240L - Exceptional Learner Lab - 1 Credit Hour
- BUS 230 - Small Business Entrepreneurship - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 211 - Early Childhood Program Administration - 3 Credit Hours
- ECH 212 - Legal and Ethical Issues - 2 Credit Hours
- ECH 296 - Specialist Internship - 6 Credit Hours
- SOC 150T - Social Problems - 3 Credit Hours OR
- SOC 250T - Courtship and Marriage - 3 Credit Hours
- HS GPA: 2.0 GPA
- GED: 500
- ACT: 16
- ACT English: 15 - See the Southeast Tech catalog for ACT/SAT conversion.
- SAT: 880–910
- College GPA: 2.0 GPA - Based on 12+ credits
- Professional Discretion
- Writing: 240
- Arithmetic: 217
Completion of a background check and drug screen are required before program classes start.
Uniforms are required for this program and are available from the Southeast Tech Bookstore.
Read the Technical Standards form and review physical requirements. If you apply online, this is part of the application process.
Southeast Technical Institute's Early Childhood Specialist program is a Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) program. You may purchase a laptop on your own or from the Southeast Tech Support Center.VIEW BYOL DETAILS