Apply for Graduation
Students planning to receive an Associate of Applied Science degree, a Diploma or Certificate must file an “Application for Diploma/Degree Completion” form prior to registering for his or her final semester. Diplomas are awarded twice per year - in May and December. It is the student's responsibility to make sure all graduation requirements, including all required coursework, are met. Applications are available on STInet under the "Student" tab, then under the "Academic Information" column, click on "Application for Diploma/Degree Completion."
- All students enrolled in Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma or Certificate programs must maintain an overall “C” average (2.0 grade point) or better for all courses required of the program as well as for the major program courses as indicated on the curriculum sheet. Grades of “I”, “F”, official withdrawal or auditing of a course will not count toward satisfactory completion. Students not maintaining a “C” average are urged to consult with their advisor or the Registrar. All students are urged to work with their academic program advisor to solve any problems that might affect their positive growth in the program. Students who fail to earn the required grades may be advised to change their programs, take preparatory work, retake specific courses, take a reduced credit load, or take advantage of individualized tutorial help. All counseling is directed toward assisting the individual student in successfully completing an appropriate program of study.
- Students must complete a general education core curriculum as defined by their program of study in order to meet graduation requirements.
- Students must also complete at least 25% of the coursework at Southeast Tech, including 25% of the coursework in the major area of specialization. Advanced standing does not count as work completed at Southeast Tech.
- Students must fulfill all financial obligations to the school. Evidence of high school completion through an official high school transcript or a GED certificate (Associate of Applied Science Degree candidates) is required. Some programs have additional specific graduation requirements. These are listed in the program information section of the catalog.
- Graduation ceremonies for students are held in May and December of each year. Students are encouraged to attend graduation. Southeast Technical Institute bases graduation honors on the cumulative grade point average for the semester prior to graduating. Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 to 3.49 at the end of the prior semester will graduate with Honors. Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 to 4.0 at the end of the prior semester will graduate with High Honors.
Friday, May 8 at 5 p.m.
Sioux Falls Arena
1201 N West Ave, Sioux Falls SD
Tickets: No tickets are required.
Parking: Ample parking is available at the Sioux Falls Arena.
Timeline for Students:
11 a.m.: Commencement Ceremony Rehearsal at the Sioux Falls Arena.
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Cap & Gown pick-up at the Sioux Falls Arena (immediately following Rehearsal)
4:15 p.m.: Line-up with your program area at the Sioux Falls Arena.
5 p.m.: Commencement Ceremony begins.
6:15 p.m. (approx.): Commencement Ceremony concludes.