Southeast Technical College - Testing Center
Southeast Technical College is committed to providing students with opportunities for successful academic experiences, and we know student academic achievement is directly related to proper initial course placement. The Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Test assists in proper course placement for English and math.
Southeast Tech offers the Reading and Writing sections of the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER for English course placement and the Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics (QAS) section of the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER test for math course placement.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to prepare for this exam. Even if you scored high on the ACT or other standardized tests, do not assume you are prepared for the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER.
- Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Study Apps:
- College Board app (Free)
- Next-Generation Writing Sample Questions
- Next-Generation Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics
Testing Day Details
- Arrive 15 minutes early.
- Bring your ID card with you.
- There is no time limit for this test, so plan to take your time.
- Most applicants will spend approximately two hours testing.
- Breaks are not allowed during testing. If you leave, you will not be allowed to resume testing.
- Scratch paper, pencils and a calculator are provided for you.
It is recommended that applicants prepare for the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER early and register to take the test as soon as they feel prepared.
- Log into myTech using the login information that was provided to you earlier in the
If this will be your first site visit, log in with:
Username: Student Id Number
Password: First Initial of First Name, First Initial of Last Name and Last 4 of SSN
- Click the Add/Drop Courses link that is provided at the bottom of the page.
- In the Course Code Text Box, type in “ACCU.”
- Click the Search button to view a list of available tests.
- Find the test you need at the date/time that works best for you.
- Click the checkbox in front of the test you want.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the "Add Courses" button.
- Finally, you can verify that you've completed the signup by viewing the "Your Schedule (Registered)" section of the screen. You should also receive a confirmation email the following day.
- Log into myTech using the login information that was provided to you earlier in the admission process.
The exam is free for Southeast Tech students. You will not be authorized to register for testing if you have a past due balance and/or an Account Receivable hold in the Southeast Tech Business Office.