- SSS 100 - Student Success Seminar - 2 Credit Hours
- COMM REQ - Communications Requirement - 3 Credit Hours
- HC 117 - Medical Language - 1 Credit Hour
- HC 118 - Applied Anatomy/Physiology - 4 Credit Hours
- HC 118L - Applied Anatomy/Physiology Lab
- ST 110 - Surgical Asepsis Lab - 2 Credit Hours
- ST 121 - Surgical Asepsis - 3 Credit Hours
- MATH 100 - College Math 3 Credit Hours
- CIS 105 - Introduction to Computers 3 Credit Hours
- HC 121 - Patient Care Techniques I - 3 Credit Hours
- HC 121L - Patient Care Techniques I Lab
- ST 100 - Surgical Techniques - 3 Credit Hours
- ST 120 - Principles & Practice of Surgical Tech - 2 Credit Hours
- ST 120L - Principles & Practice of Surgical Tech Lab - 1 Credit Hour
- SS REQ - Social Sciences Requirement - 3 Credit Hours
- HC 114 - Health Care/Human Relations - 3 Credit Hours
- ST 112 - Surgical Procedures l - 3 Credit Hours
- ST 122L - Surgical Procedures Lab - 2 Credit Hours
- ST 125L - Paraprofessional Experience - 2 Credit Hours
- ST 114S - Clinical Practice I - 2 Credit Hours
- ST 123 - Surgical Pharmacology - 2 Credit Hours
- ST 201 - Microbiology for the Surgical Technologist - 3 Credit Hours
- ST 212 - Surgical Procedures II - 3 Credit Hours
- ST 124 - Clinical Practice II - 10 Credit Hours
- HS GPA: 2.5 GPA
- HS Rank: Upper Half
- GED: 500
- ACT: 18
- SAT: 960
- College GPA: 2.0 GPA - Based on 12+ credits
- Writing: 255
- Arithmetic: 217
- TEAS Math: 55
- TEAS Reading: 65
This program requires additional immunizations. Please refer to the Health & Human Services Academic Handbook for additional details.
Background Check and Drug Screen
Completion of a background check and drug screen are required before program classes start.
Job Shadow Experience
Applicants who have submitted a high school transcript and passed the TEAS test must complete a shadow experience.
Read the Technical Standards form and review physical requirements. If you apply online, this is part of the application process.
Southeast Technical Institute's Surgical Technology program requires the use of a third-generation or newer iPad with a keyboard and stylus, which you’ll need to purchase on your own.